Can't make it downtown? No problem!
Check out one of our upcoming satellite events around the county.
Both events will be open from 8AM-3PM
HOW TO APPLY FOR A PENNSYLVANIA LICENSE
TO CARRY A CONCEALED FIREARM
**** DUE TO THE INCREASED SPEED AND EFFICIENCY OF THE PA INSTANT CHECK SYSTEM (PICS), AND THEREFORE THE PENNSYLVANIA STATE POLICE, WE HAVE TRANSITIONED TO A
ONE-STEP PROCESS. WE NO LONGER ACCEPT MAIL OR EMAIL APPLICATIONS
Both NEW and RENEWAL Applicants need ONLY do the following:
1. Appear in-person with a valid and accurate PA Drivers' License or PA Photo ID Card.
2. Completely fill out an application (References are NOT required for Renewals ONLY.)
3. Upon approval, payment of $20.00 in the form of CASH ONLY is required.
The aforementioned process should be completed in five to ten minutes and your license will be issued the SAME DAY.
In addition to receiving a "DENIED" status by PICS, your application will NOT be accepted by the Allegheny County Sheriff's Office if you:
1. Have an open case with ANY court (including traffic citations, parking tickets, fish and game, etc)
2. Have a closed case with ANY court with a remaining case balance. This is to include payment arrangements made with any court. Fines and court costs MUST be paid in FULL before your application will be accepted.
3. The ACSO will NOT accept applications for Non-PA Resident Licenses.
If you have questions regarding your application process, please visit our FAQ page.