FIREARMS LICENSES TO BE ISSUED IN ELIZABETH TWP ON OCTOBER 3RD
The Allegheny County Sheriff’s Office, in partnership with Elizabeth Township, is pleased to announce our first collaborative satellite License to Carry operation.
On Saturday, October 3, 2015 the Sheriff’s Office Firearms Division will be issuing Licenses to Carry Firearms at the Elizabeth Township Municipal Building (located at 522 Rock Run Road, Elizabeth, PA 15037).
We will be accommodating both new and renewal applicants, and will be issuing from 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM. The entire process takes approximately five minutes and your permanent license (with a 5 year expiration) will be issued the same day (pending approval through the Pennsylvania Instant Check System).
All that is needed to apply (both new and renewal) is a completed application (available on-site or downloadable online at sheriffalleghenycounty.com/firearms), a valid and updated Pennsylvania Drivers’ License or Photo I.D., and $20.00 cash.
We recognize some of the common complaints regarding traffic and parking by traveling to the courthouse. We are trying to put our best foot forward in accommodating every citizen of Allegheny County by providing satellite opportunities.
We are planning to add additional locations in the very near future, so please check back to see if another location close to you has been implemented. Your application will NOT be accepted if you have any pending cases, including traffic citations, parking tickets, court costs, restitution, etc.
HOW TO APPLY FOR A PENNSYLVANIA LICENSE TO CARRY A CONCEALED FIREARM:
**** DUE TO THE INCREASED SPEED AND EFFICIENCY OF THE PA INSTANT CHECK SYSTEM (PICS), AND THEREFORE THE PENNSYLVANIA STATE POLICE, WE HAVE TRANSITIONED TO A
ONE-STEP PROCESS. WE NO LONGER ACCEPT MAIL OR EMAIL APPLICATIONS
Both NEW and RENEWAL Applicants need ONLY do the following:
1. Appear in-person with a valid and accurate PA Drivers' License or PA Photo ID Card.
2. Completely fill out an application (all information MUST match your ID and two references with complete address and phone numbers are REQUIRED.)
3. Upon approval, payment of $20.00 in the form of CASH ONLY is required.
The aforementioned process should be completed in five to ten minutes and your license will be issued the SAME DAY.
In addition to receiving a "DENIED" status by PICS, your application will NOT be accepted by the Allegheny County Sheriff's Office if you:
1. Have an open case with ANY court (including traffic citations, parking tickets, fish and game, etc)
2. Have a closed case with ANY court with a remaining case balance. This is to include payment arrangements made with any court. Fines and court costs MUST be paid in FULL before your application will be accepted.
** Any applicant that still has a yellow postcard from the old two-step process should just pick up their license as previously instructed.**