Transportation FAQ

Q: When will my boyfriend/girlfriend, husband/wife, etc. get transported to or from the ACJ? 
A: We do not give out this information to the public because it is a safety and security risk to both the deputies and the inmates on the transport. 

Q: How do I get an inmate out of ACJ to pay their respects to a loved one at a funeral home?
A: You need to get a court order from the Judge that is handling the case. The cost is $250 during normal business hours. No family members are allowed at the funeral home while the inmate is there. 

Q: How long does it take for an inmate to go a state prison after being sentenced?
A: The Sheriff's Office has nothing to do with determining when an inmate goes up state. That is handled by the Pennsylvania Department of Corrections.

Q: How do I get an inmate extradited back to Pennsylvania?
A: It must go through the District Attorney's Office to start the process.

Allegheny County Sheriff's Office Patch

Allegheny County Sheriff's Office
Sheriff Kevin M. Kraus
436 Grant Street
Courthouse, 111
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
Phone - 412.350.4700 | Fax - 412.350.6388

All Rights Reserved.

Allegheny County Sheriff's Office Patch